Monday, January 02, 2017

Day 1

I walked to the Coin Bridge yesterday morning and to Dan's gate in the evening.  Six miles total.  So far so good.  I have walked every day this year.


I saw the sunrise.



A bobcat eating on a deer carcass.


The two eagles have returned to the Eagle Tree, although only one is in this picture and is hard to see behind the limbs.  



The other one had just flown off. I have seen a few eagles in the area for the last few weeks, but this is the first in the eagle tree this winter.


And this is either a young eagle or a buzzard.  I think it is an eagle juvenile.

I also saw two hawks but did not get pics.  I am enjoying walking again.  My knees are not bothering me, but I am out of shape.  The hills give me more trouble than they did before I quite walking regularly. 

I have two more days off before I go back to work.  Then I will have to walk in the evening.  Tuesday it is supposed to turn cold again.

Yesterday I went to church the first time since Dec 18.  They were all asking about Helen.  She will be back next Sunday.






1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Walking is such good medicine.
I hope I get to walk some before the rain tomorrow!