Thursday, March 03, 2016

Roots

The sisters have several websites hosted by Rootsweb, Ancestry.com's personal family roots arm.  Betty noted today it has been down for sometime.  I did not know this as I have not been looking for dead people lately.  Sure nuff rootsweb is dead for now.  There is notice on their 'home' page noting the problem.

We're currently experiencing a temporary website outage due to Rootsweb hardware failure. Rest assured, our development and web operations teams are busy working to securely restore the site as quickly as possible.
Our initial expectation is to have the site back up and running on or around March 15, 2016.
We apologize for the disruption and thank-you for your patience. We will provide other updates here as we have them.

If it does get back up, I guess I need to make sure I have backups of all our roots pages.  I have changed computers so often, I am not sure I still have it all on my computer.

Tonight I notice our CCHS website is working.  Maybe the others will be up soon.

No comments: