Thursday, January 14, 2016

Bible Study


Our Church has started a new Bible Study course on Wednesday night.  This one gives us things to do all week.  This week's lessons concern promises and today's verse is,

Philippians
{4:19} But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

As surely most of us can see, this is not correct grammar, not even 1611 English.  I looked at several different websites, and all I found for the KJV of the Bible was this exact wording.  I think it means all your needs.  When I go to lunch, I will look in my real Bible in the truck to see what Schofield says. [Scofiield says the same thing.]

But, back to BS, the questions with this verse are:
What does this promise mean to you right now?
Why do you or don't you believe God is keeping it for you?

I am not sure this addresses the BS questions, but what I get from this verse is that God will supply my needs.  Many scholars  are quick to emphasize that this says all your NEEDS, not all your WANTS.  Just the same, my main want in life is Peace of Mind.  I have found, if I allow Him, God will supply that Peace of Mind.  It is in my nature to worry about every little thing, but I try to make it  my manta, if my only contribution to the outcome is worry, just let it go.  Let it go to Him.  He has already taken care of everything and my worry is a useless activity.

Helen, are you listening?

I think Kinzie should be going into surgery soon, if not before.  God will take care of it all.


Lay your burdens on Him.

Matthew {11:28} Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. {11:29} Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. {11:30} For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

If we can get past telling our Lord what we want and ask for his help in what occurs, we have taken a step closer to Him!