Sunday, November 16, 2014

It is snowing

But not so cold as it has been.  It is 34 now.  We went to Church this morning.  Helen has made us spaghetti sauce for supper.  I am making rolls and the spaghetti to  go with the sauce.  I promised Helen I would make good rolls, not healthy, but when it came time to mix them, I could not resist the cracked wheat and whole wheat.  I think they are going to be good.  After you make a few hundred batches of bread, you can usually tell when it will be good.

Yesterday, in the cold, I walked to the red barn early in the morning.  I looked like this.


It was pretty cold, but I was  all bundled up and did not get cold.  When I got home, I took the kids and went to Harrison.  I needed new walking shoes and I got both kids new shoes for good measure.  I got a good pair of New Balance shoes almost like what I had.  The last ones I bought in August, so they lasted about 3 months.

Today, after we got back from Church, I walked down to the creek in the snow.  I looked like this.


This time of year, when you walk through the woods, you need to wear orange.


Helen's horse.


The cemetery.



Clayton's house from the cemetery.



]

A sycamore tree limb.


Lois' house.


Dry Creek.



Dan's donkeys.



An old oak tree.


The herd.  George's billy is bringing up the rear on the left.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Good idea to wear orange.
I stayed in and made stew!