Friday, October 03, 2014

Helen, where are you?

Helen has been using George's chainsaw today.  When I went out for my walk at 6, she was here.

She said she was dying.  I told her to stay right there, do not die in the house.


She cut here.


And here.  And all around the house.


Sun was setting as I started back from the other side of Dan's.


I took a few pictures.


And walked 3 miles.  As I got back to Helen's, I walked up to the house to see if she had died.  The house was dark, and I saw no sign of her dead or alive.  I decided maybe she crawled into the crack in the porch with the snake.  But, no, as I came on around, she was out behind the house piling brush on George's brush pile.

Tomorrow is cleanup day at the Coin Church.  I am walking over, but hope to get a ride home with Helen.  It is going to be cool in the morning, so I may wear the jacket Betty gave me.


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Well, that jacket is a rain coat but it is warm.

Is the carport moved...I don't see it in the picture. Is Helen getting rid of Mom's old Lilac bush?

I would love to use a chain saw but the noise is to loud for me.

patsy said...

I thought how terrible to walk to coin but remembered I did it many a day when I was a child.