Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Tuesday, back to work, still no school


Enough already with winter.  We got about 4 inches or so, some sleet but mostly powdery snow.  The roads were not slick and they graded the Douglas road Monday.  This was taken early Monday morning.


We made cupcakes one day.  


Robert thought they were really, really good.


Yesterday afternoon.  I walked up to brothers and took him some eggs.


The two banties and a red hen snug in the chicken house yesterday.  In the afternoon, most of the chickens were out scrounging for food.  I fed and watered, gathered two eggs and then decided to clean the snow and ice off my car.  After pushing most of it off with the broom, I decided to follow George's example and move it to where the sun would help clear the snow off the top.  As I sat down in the driver's seat I heard something crunch.  I was wondering what the kids had left in the seat and then I remembered the two eggs in my coat pocket.  The coat was due for a washing anyway.


George brought up some hay for the goats.  They at some and then used it for a sunbed.


Little Red enjoyed the nice sunny resting space.

I went to work today with no trouble.  I told George last night I would wake him before I left so he would be awake if I had to call for help, but I left him snoring.  It was a nice day, especially this afternoon.  Lots of melting.  No school again tomorrow.  The kids will be lucky to get out before July.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I got out today and I thought it felt pretty good. About 35 I guess. Winter has really done a number on us. We think of 50 as almost hot and 35 as pretty nice. Laura said she hoped they had school tomorrow. I asked her what she had done and she said I have not moved from the couch. She is not like Erin...she does not venture out until the ice is almost gone from the roads.

Sister--Helen said...

Loved the pictures...The 1st one of the freshly fallen snow is beautiful...I will need some rubber boots for nest winter I guess...My tennis shoes would have been full of snow if I walked to your house...today...

Sister--Helen said...

BTW fleta...what is that GLOB of stuff on the cupcakes...were you trying to frost them?????

Erin said...

I have no choice. Today is snow day 15.