Sunday, March 16, 2014

So much for Spring...


Last night around 9 pm, the goats were lounging around here, instead of going to the barn.


Then, around 10 or so it started pouring rain.  Since about 10 this morning, it has been snowing, hard.  My thermometer says 35 degrees.  It is melting on the ground, but we have a couple of inches on the cars, deck and such. 


I have only been getting a couple of eggs a day, and sometimes none, so for two days I have locked the chickens in the house at night.  Yesterday at 3 pm, I had 5 pretty brown eggs so I let them out.  When I went out there at noon yesterday, they were all clamoring to get out.  Today, at one I went to feed them and got 3 eggs.  They were content to stay put today.




We had hundreds of robins in the yard.


So, it must be Spring, right?

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Cool here 41. So we just have rain. Guess I should be glad...but I AM not. Want sunshine.

Winnie said...

Love your pictures...thanks for sharing