Thursday, March 13, 2014

Maybe...

Spring is finally on its way.  It was almost 70 again today.


Grandpa and boy ordered a model railroad magazine. We were reading it last night.  Tonight, they are looking it over and boy is wishing for everything in the book.


We have lots of yellow blooms in spite of the goats.


Hannah has worn one of Aunt Helen's, or Amanda's, outfits every day this week.  She is doing much better in her school work.  She usually gets 100% on her spelling and her reading is much improved over just a month ago.  That is saying something as they did not go to school but about half the time.

Tonight was an easy night as Grandpa went to town around 3 and brought us all hamburgers from Sonic.  No cooking, just eating.

Helen asked about Kirk somebody. Like Betty, I had never heard of him so I searched.  He stared on Growing Pains and was in other things in the late 80's.  I do not remember ever watching this show, so I searched for it.  I did not recognize anyone in the pictures except for the Thick guy who was on a soap opera years ago and is now know as being the father of the nasty guy who did it with the nasty girl on TV.  I hardly ever recognize celebrity names if the person was born after 1960.  I guess Helen had teenage girls in the 80's and remembers what they were interested in.  I had only boys and if they watched such things on TV, I do not remember watching with them.

Today, while I was supposed to be working, I went to Google news and clicked on the entertainment section.  Of the 20 celebrity names that came up, I recognized 13 names, but could only identify 4 of those 13 from a photo.  Of the 4, the ones I remember were the Fonz, Billy Crystal and Lindsay Lohan. 

Two of the very popular shows on TV now are series about a male or female choosing a lifetime partner from a bunch of strangers they just met.  A stupid idea for stupid people.  Just this week the latest male 'star' in the show has been vilified by the media and the media public for refusing to choose a lifetime mate from this group of strangers selected for him by a group of strangers looking to make money off the TV show.  I guess he was not stupid enough to suit their idea of an ideal male.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Part of being able to learn I believe is having a safe environment. If one has to worry about living day to day, I don't see how they can learn all they need to.

Sister--Helen said...

you know sis...you are old and this is hard ...but you are a hero to those babies...They will always remember these days with you and papa..not many people have that special bond with their grand kids...God has blessed you! and I am so proud of you once again!

Galla Creek said...

Also....
Loved seeing those two running up that little rise toward THEIR home joyfully! Like...Glad to be home! Like...Glad Papa and Grandma are here. Like...where is my dog. Like....where are the goats. Like...come on Robert lets play outside. Like...life is good!

Sister--Helen said...

oh yes they do think life is good! They are happy