Thursday, January 09, 2014

Ice last night, no work or school today

Well, only a little ice, but still, I did not go to work, and the kids did not have school.  I decided last winter that I was not driving to work on ice and snow anymore.


I went out at 8:30 and fed and watered the animals.  They were glad to see me.


The big goats were out and about looking for food except for Big Brown and Patsy that were up in the barn.  All the little kids were at the barn in the dry.

I have a cold and had not been feeling the greatest.  Today, I took a nap, so now I feel worse than ever.

The kids are hoping they do not have school tomorrow, but I think they will.  I told their dad that with the attitudes they have about school, we will be lucky to get them through the 9th grade.

He is down at Clinton.  He said they had ice last night.  It took him 2 and a half hours to get back to Clinton from the quarry when it usually takes him 30 minutes.  But, he said he was luckier than some. About 10 miles from Clinton, he picked up someone that had been afoot since Damascus.  Google says it is about 18 miles between the two, so the guy had been walking in the sleet and ice for 8 miles.  He said no one would stop.  I am glad Greg helped him out.

I will go to work tomorrow, but it is go home early day and then 2 days off.  We are supposed to  have a heat wave Sunday.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I went to work yesterday. I tried to return home but couldn't make it -- was only at the bottom of the driveway. I had no choice but to go I guess.