Tuesday, July 09, 2013

The Swimmers...

It was around the first of June, about 6 weeks ago, that the kids went swimming in Frank's pool the first time this season.  I was wanting George to teach them to swim this summer, but we found that Robert could already swim like a fish.  Hannah was afraid of the water at first, but has been gaining confidence with each trip to the pool.  George takes them almost every day during the week for an hour or two when it is just him and the kids.  Today when I got home Hannah said, 'Grandma, I can swim.  I taught myself."  We went back for about an hour this afternoon with the camera.  Sure enough, she has taught herself to swim.  She was really excited about the accomplishment.  It is amazing to go from being scared to turn loose of the ladder to swimming underwater in only 6 weeks.  We are really proud of her.











4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

That is totally awesome. She is one special little girl. Protect her from all evil!

Galla Creek said...

I was thinkin' that Grandpa is a real special guy! Love the pic of him and the kids in the water. I bet it feels good to him too!

Sister--Helen said...

Oh My Goodness...not only swimming but does not seem afraid at all....Protect her from all evil is right!

Unknown said...

This is just really great...I was really a swimmer for a long time...it was a job for which I got paid in high school...then while I was in college I taught private swim lessons and life guarded...it was good money and I loved it...I enjoy taking the grand boys now...but, I hardly ever swim...I guess after being laid up with my knee ... I think I should get back to this great exercise