Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday, March 10

It is raining, raining and raining.  All day it is raining.  We may never get our garden plowed.


One old time group of old men are going to vote for a new sainted dictator this week.  I predict, in spite of all the media hoopla, they will elect an old man that looks and acts very much like the old man that quit on them last month.  That he, he will be an old white central European male, not from another continent, not a different color and not from a younger generation.

George took the borrowed billy to the sale at Huntsville Saturday.  He saw Sammy there, but he did not stay to watch the sale.  We will find out how much the billy sold for, because he had to sell him under his own name.  He seemed to think, somehow, he could use JT's name on the sale, even though JT was not with him.  That was not to be.

Oh, and we got our money back from Uncle this week.  All of it.  I have been filing my own taxes for forty-seven years. No one other than me has ever filed my tax return in all that time.  This is the first year I have not had to pay Federal income taxes.  I was a little surprised at that.  If I was not still contributing some of my income to a retirement fund, I will have had to pay a few $$ in taxes, but not much. Next year I will not get so much back, because the day after I filed I went to HR and changed my W4 so they only take about $5 out of each check.  Next year, if I get it all back again, I will go to zero.  I don't want to take it so low I have to pay when I file.



I had 3 big apples that were too sharp for eating apples so I made Helen's Apple Butter this morning. It was good on the biscuits I made.  I used my homemade yogurt to make the biscuits. The yogurt was easy to make, but tasted a little salty and a little bitter.  I have been using it for cooking.  I will not try to make it again as it is not worth the trouble to me.  The apple butter turned out very good, tho.  I will take one jar to work to share and keep one for me.  No one else here will eat it.

We are having crockpot beans for supper.  I guess I will make cornbread and maybe fried potatoes to go with them.  

Did I mention that it is raining?

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I had to pay fed tax...well, have to, as I have not sent it yet. I guess it was all the checks from all the different sources! lol Next year I should not have to pay.

I may have to try that apple butter. It really looks good. I cooked rice, bacon and biscuits after church. I did that one sunday when Sigrid was here and she said do you have soy sauce for the rice. I told her no I had cream and sugar. She ate it my way and said it was good.

It has stopped raining here and the sun is out. I got my stuff planted and now I want the sun to shine.

Galla Creek said...

When you borrow a billy
please take him home
not to a sale
to be left all alone
Borrow means borrow
it does not mean sell
one is a sin
will send seller to hell!

Sister--Helen said...

Oh Betty LOL