Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday, Monday


A beautiful, beautiful day.  Yesterday we let the chickens out most of the day.  The big red hens are the most excited to get loose and the best bug catchers.


The dog mostly ignores them but then a few times she decided to chase and catch one.  I think maybe as long as they stay close to their pen, she thinks they are alright.  I thought she had killed one yesterday when I could not find it, but then found her, the big red hen with the black tips on her tail, hiding under the pen.


Today, I let them out about 3 when I got home.  They are all gathered here in front, dusting and hunting for bugs. 



I  got 4 brown eggs yesterday, but I think that was 2 for Saturday and 2 for Sunday.  Today, I got one green egg.  I enjoy the chickens more when I can let them out.  They just scratch and run, scratch and run, then dust and sun.

2 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

I enjoy the chickens a great deal when they run loose

Galla Creek said...

Keep an eye on that dog as he has an eye on your chickens.