Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday, Oct 19

Cool today, but warmer this afternoon.  Supposed to be a really nice day tomorrow.  No kids again this weekend, so I am going to Harrison tomorrow and look for new work shoes.  The ones I have been wearing have started to hurt my feet.

I cooked a Cooks Ham tonight with baked sweet potatoes and an apple pie.  Sara Lee made the pie and I baked it.  It was really good with ice cream.

Helen wanted to know why the pictures have been prettier lately.  It is because of the fall color and the sunshine and shadows.  Overcast days with all green landscape do not make for very pretty pictures.  I may walk up on the hill to the pond in the morning and see if there are any deer up there.

I got two eggs today, one green and one brown.  The chickens really enjoy getting out of the pen.  Today, they got extra time out because Friday is always go home early day.  I let them out about 1 this afternoon and they enjoyed chasing bugs in the sunshine.

Two days to sleep late in the morning and do whatever I want, just like Helen.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Have a great weekend.

Sister--Helen said...

no one is as lucky as Helen.