Saturday, September 22, 2012

Saturday, September 22

Today was a beautiful day.  Did not get the babies this weekend.  Son bought Emmy a Kindle Fire so me and her went today and got a case for it.  Son paid part, but Grandma paid part because the one she wanted was more than what he had given her.   If I did not have the laptop to download books on, I might get a Kindle.  It is pretty neat.

I cooked pot roast and veggies today, with bread and cinnamon rolls.  Took some up to brother, but he had already eaten supper.  He can have them for Sunday dinner.  He will be really old Monday.

And, I took a nap this afternoon.  Just did whatever I wanted to.

I have been downloading books, but not having much luck finding ones I like.  The Unquenchable Thirst by Mary Johnson, the ex Nun was a disappointment.  The first part of the book told about the life of a Nun which was very interesting.  I don't guess I have ever read a detailed account about a Nun's life. Not many Nun's write tell all books.  But, anyway, by the time I finished the first 10 years or so of the book, I did not much like this Mary.  I do not enjoy reading a book written by someone I do not like.  I sort of think, you have to weak minded to live a life of blind, unquestioning obedience.

But, then I found one I really enjoyed.  It is named Tisha and is about a year in the life of a 19 year old teacher that went to Alaska to teach in a village called Chicken in 1927. It was such an interesting and exciting book, I do not understand why someone had not made a movie of this book.

I have some other books downloaded, so I am going to try to read one of those tonight.  Or maybe I will just watch the Mittster make a fool of himself on the telly again.  He is always good for a laugh.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

i will try to get the book Tisha. Sounds good. I may try the nun one too. Glad to have the names in writing as I FORGET the name of a book quickly. I went to the library and go a stack today. Read one about a race horse from the 1700s that is in most of the pedigrees of horses we have heard of like sea biscuit and secretariat. Now i am reading Burn down the ground. I just started it but the girl's dad is in Huntsville prison in Texas. I think it may be something i can read.

sept. is almost over. I have notices the weeks just whiz by now that I don't go to work Monday comes and swish Friday is here.