Saturday, July 28, 2012

July 28, Saturday, Nap Day


What kind of bird is this?  

Today, I slept until almost 8 and then took a nap this afternoon, so it was a really glorious day off.  Hot outside, but cool and nice inside.

Next Friday, we are going on vacation.  Driving over to the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee.  I hope to get pictures of the grave markers for Josiah and Jesse Maples.  Also, Ruthea Maples and some of her children including I think Jesse were members of the Forks of the Little Pigeon Baptist Chruch, Sevier County Tennessee.  The Log Church built in the early 1800's is still standing so I am going to have George take my picture inside this Church.  Then, I am going to look for the land along Flat Creek where Jesse and his brothers owned land.

Today, I bought a few new clothes for the trip and looked for shoes.  I wanted a pair of slip on tennis shoes in a tan color.  Did not find any.  I bought a pair of cheap shoes at Walmart, but I really need a new pair of shoes beside my sandals that I wear everyday.  Maybe I will shop for shoes in Tennessee.

It would be nice to have cooler weather next week, but that probably will not happen.

5 comments:

Galla Creek said...

How much did you spend? 5.00? I do not know what that bird is. I hope Pat will tell us.

Galla Creek said...

Sarah Katerine McKenzie!!

Galla Creek said...

She died at Nowata, OK and in may of 1994 and her last name was Still at that time. Can't find anything else.

Galla Creek said...

She is in the same cemetery as Myrtle Powell and Toby Anderson Still. Could she have married Toby....she was a Still in 1971. Did not die until 1994. I think she married someone kin to us.

Galla Creek said...

Ok her ref is 45 the other still in 45 is John Franklin Still. toby is in 35. Is John Still Myrtle's son. He was born in 1923 and Katherine in 21...so they are about the same age.