Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14

A good day off.  It was a beautiful day, not too cool and not too hot.

Goldilocks...


The garden.  In the far corner with the white chairs is the hose holder George made me.  When I water the garden, it takes so much hose that it is a problem finding a place to put the hose when I am done watering.  What I really want is for him to use his backhoe an dig a water line to the garden.  My goal is to get him to do that before winter this year.  



My June Gold peaches.  I also have lots of apples and some nectarines but I love the peaches the best.  The ripen sometime in June, hence June Gold.


The tomatoes all caged up.  I think I will have to water the tomatoes this week as there is no rain in sight. 


It is hard to make this out because she was 'on the wing' and blurred the picture, but there is a turken hen right to the left of the tree stump.  This is the fence between us and Dan,right down where we are always seeing the deer.  Above the ditch that runs from the pond.  We have seen her here along this fence about 3 times now.  She must have a next nearby, maybe in the ditch.

Back to the grind tomorrow.  Oh, and the reason we were off was a water line break resulting in a boil order.  You cannot process food for sale in water that is under a boil order, so no work.

2 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

I enlarged the pics and that tree is covered with peaches...Clayton may pay you back for stealing the strawberries...What is that one big leafed plant in your garden...

Anonymous said...

The turkey hen looks purple?

Garden looks good.

Glad you got a day off.