Sunday, April 01, 2012

April First


Spring cleaning.  We have two blue bird houses, but for the last two years the birds have not used this one.  George took it down and cleaned the old nest out of it hoping that would help get us a new renter.  We have several blue birds in the yard, so they have to be nesting somewhere close by.


This is mama of the other house watching George clean house.



And here Papa bird is feeding her a snack.


Tasty.

We have been busy.  George has redone my flower box in front of the deck.  It is now 12 inches deep instead of only 6.  Hopefully I will not have to water so often this summer.

We went to Home Depot yesterday and got some pretty red impatiens.  I did not find the white ones, but we do not have the dirt in the flower box anyway.

I also bought a lavender plant, rosemary, purple basil and an apple mint.  I think I will plant my tomatoes next week end.

Friday Patsy's goats got out and dined on fresh strawberries at the neighbors.  Today, they were out on Dan.  The crawled through the fence down in the ditch below the pond.  I think we have that fixed now.  The neighbor fixed the fence by the strawberry patch.  The little black goat seems to be doing fine.

We have had fresh asparagus twice now and the day I walked down to the grave yard, I gathered a mess of polk.  I even fried the stalks.

And, we got a new pump for our bird water fountains so they are both going now.  I also bought roundup to kill the weeds in the gravel in front of the house, but it was too windy to use it today.

Tomorrow is the day the 1940 census comes out, but I bet the servers will be too busy to be useful for a few days.  Yesterday, I got my genealogy program and my genealogy files on my new computer, soI am ready.


1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Do you think it will be indexed or will we just have to browse!