Sunday, April 01, 2012

1940 census

The 1940 census is being released tomorrow by the National Archives.  They will have images online and freely available for anyone to view tomorrow, or at least that is my understanding.  Also, I think images will be available tomorrow on Ancestry and Family Search.  But, the indexing will not start until after the images become public tomorrow so for a short time you will need to know where your ancestors lived in 1940 to find them online.  I think Patsy and Richard will be in Carrollton Township.  Truman and Frances were either in Coin or Denver.  I think they lived over by Coin until Truman bought the place at Denver.  I think that was the only farm Truman and Frances ever owned.  I think they rented before that.  Melton and Gertie I think will be in Coin Township.  Grandpa and Grandma Gaddy should be in Denver.

But, I want to find George's father and his family in 1940.  I found one brother and sister in 1930, but never have located  George's father and his parents in 1930. Also, could not find Dillard Poor in 1930.

Within a month, I am sure Ancestry will have it all indexed with others to follow later.

I think it is likely the National Archives server will crash tomorrow.

1 comment:

Sister--Helen said...

well I will say this ...tyson better block the site or there will be no work done by you today. :-)