Monday, April 02, 2012

April 2nd

I told you so, I told you so....

Title this April Fools at the National Archives.

This is what I get at 7 pm on their 1940 census website.


Or Spinner bait.

MSNBC quotes them as saying the problem was improving and should be working shortly.  That was this afternoon.  Still no workey.

Anyway, in a few days I am sure we will be able to view the actual images, but for now only spinner bait or loading, loading, loading.


If they do get it going,  here are some ED numbers in Carroll county
COIN ED 8-7
CARROLLTON ED 8-3
LONG CREEK ED 8-16

So for Coin, on their search by ED choose Arkansas and type 8-3 in the ED box.  And, their is not actual browse function, only search by location name or ED.  That is stupid.  Browse is a list of things to click on.  

I really think that part of the problem is they hired a Silicone Valley computer company that has just recently started a genealogy service called Archives.com.  I am not sure how long it has been up and running, but I know that if you want genealogy website experts you go to the big guns, Ancestry.com.  This is like they were going into the computer business and hired Packard Bell to do the work.

Ancestry.com does have some 1940 images up, and I am guessing within a week they will have them all up.  I am sure Ancestry is enjoying a good laugh tonight.


1 comment:

Sister--Helen said...

Fleet I see you are laughing too