Wednesday, April 18, 2012

April 18


Still no baby goats.  The little black goat is looking a little rough, so we decided to get some dewormer.   Yesterday, I got it down her and the little white goat, but I did not think I could get it in the big goats by myself.


These two had their heads stuck in the fence, so when George got home, we medicated the big white one.  Red Rover fought so hard we did not get much down her.  I decided to just not bother about the other big goat.  They all look really good except for the little black one.  I think maybe both brown goats are bred.  It will probably be late June before they have kids, if they are even bred.  I am not sure about any of them except the little white one.  Yesterday, I started feeding the black goat by hand.  If I put out feed for them all, the runt does not get any.  I started feeding them and then holding the bucket and letting her eat by herself.  Maybe that will help.


I walked up to the neighbor's tonight and noticed his strawberries needing to be picked, so like a good neighbor, I picked some.  Then, since he was not home, I had to just bring them back to my house.  I was going to fix them and take them back, but they are all gone now.


The pup.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

That pup is Calico.

I guess we can rename you the 'goat woman'.

Sister--Helen said...

Fleet I would think the little black goat didn`t get cleaned out where she aborted ...can you still buy antibiotics at the feed store I bet that would help her

Sister--Helen said...

hanna and robert will not like her dead