Monday, February 13, 2012

Forty Four




The Goat Man.


I made it to work and back with no trouble.  We had a little snow when I went in, but the roads were fine.  Coming home the pavement was clear and the dirt road had just a little slush.  It has hovered around 30 to 32 degrees all day.  I think it is about over.  We did not get ice like they predicted.  At least not yet.  We will see about tomorrow.

The 'dog' picture yesterday was a Coyote.  We see one or two every once in a while down by the fence where the salt block is.  They usually just trot across filed and disappear in the brush, but this one stayed along the fence for 15 to 30 minutes, hunting for prey.  They do not bother the deer.  The big deer sometimes chase the coyotes.  I guess they could kill a newborn if the mother deer was not around, but coyotes are no danger to adult deer.


Here he has caught something and has it in his jaws, I saw him jump and catch whatever it was, probably a mole of somekind.


3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I am afraid for the goats. Shoot the Coyote.

Sister--Helen said...

fleet in case I have not told you I love this poat a day thing you have going

Sister--Helen said...

I opened back up my blog today