Sunday, January 08, 2012

Day Eight





This afternoon, we took a birthday cake down to Donna.  She will be 78 tomorrow.  I told her if the cake was not good, she should blame Helen because it was her recipe.  Actually, it was Betty Crocker, but Helen gave additional instructions.  Beat the mix 5 to 10 minutes, not just the short time it says.  Bake at 325 instead of 350 and put a pan of water in the lower rack in the oven.  She said this gives 

a more even and moist cake.  It did look really good.  They will eat it tomorrow with their grandkids.

Happy Birthday Donna.

4 comments:

patsy said...

I haven't seen either one in years and would not known them. I guess I haven't seen her since mama died.

Galla Creek said...

WE ARE all getting older.

Sister--Helen said...

Thanks for the picture .....I would not have known them either ....they are older than patsy ...:-)

Sister--Helen said...

Oh yes nice kitchen sister .... :-)