Sunday, October 02, 2011

New pictures of old pictures


The cousins had some old pictures yesterday and I took a picture of some of them.  My camera will take good pics of pics if you get a good position so the overhead lights do not glare on the pictures.  I did not try to find a good place to take these out of the glare.  At home, I sometimes take pictures outside to do this.  

These are all children of Olney and Virgie Rudd.  I think Virgie was a Gibbs.  From left to right, Lois, Billy Joe, Frances, and I think Fred.  I thought Lois looked more like Virginia's sister than her aunt.  Lois is only 12 years older than Virginia.  That is the same difference between the ages of Patsy and Betty.


Truman and Frances.



Truman.


Children of Truman and Frances.

Patsy saw an old picture there that she was wanting to 'lift'.


This is the picture she wanted.  Willis, Thelma and Truman Powell.  I printed two copies of this the night before and took them to the gathering to give to the cousins.  I am glad patsy did not snitch my donated pictures.  You just can't take her anywhere.

7 comments:

patsy said...

virgina stoped me from taking it, i bet she wanted ut. i was going to get it for fleet, i am to old to want ant thing to keet.

Galla Creek said...

Daddy looks angelic.

patsy said...

The rudds Fred, Frank then the one who died over seas in europe in the war ,Francis, Lois and Billy Joe

Galla Creek said...

Richard talked about the Rudd boys being mean to each other and others. One was shot? Hollis was shot after the green forest tornado. Guess that was Olney's brother and not his son. Richard told stories about Fred and Frank...but I don't remember any of them now. Who did Lois Rudd marry?

Galla Creek said...

Rudd is Welsh like Powell.

Galla Creek said...

Did Truman have a broke nose...is that why it looks crooked or is that just his nose. Where did Truman get his looks...so different from Daddy.

patsy said...

Truman looks like grandma and daddy looked like grandpa.
Uncle Truman was a lot like daddy. When the Rudd's had problems with Frank drinking and fighting they all sent for Truman and he made Frank strighten up and fly right. He never had to land a blow. Just his word was enough to send Frank down the road.