Saturday, September 10, 2011

Skinning the cat, and Truman's letter


This is the only thing I have, as far as I remember, which is not very far, that Truman wrote to his father.  Click on the image and you can see it much larger.  Truman's part says, Papa will you make Mama let us go opossum hunting with Priced Jones.
Truman
Mama said to wait till you come home to go with us.

The bottom part is from Daddy and it is upside down from Truman's part.
Daddy said,' Dear Papa, would like to see you.' Then something about a rabbit that I cannot make out.

This letter and a few more pages are here at our Powell family site:

There are some more photos here:

And skinning the cat.  I do not have a bookmark for my Powell site on this laptop.  I go to Patsy's blog and scroll down for the link that says Powell and that is our family history website.  I have so much up there that I have to just go hunt for things like these letters.  I knew I had them at the site, but not really where they were.

This is Grandma Powell's cookbook.
It has recipes from Thelma, Loveta, Fleta, Winnie and Frances.  It has a recipe from our Mama, but we all know this is not our Mama's recipe.  It is Grandma Powell's recipe.  There is even a picture of Mama, one of Frances and one of Thelma.  I think I gave the actual cookbook to Laura Jean.  I don't know where the actual letters are.  I don't know if I have any of them or not, but I don't much think I do.

And another cat.  I lost the little thing that I use to transfer photos from my camera to my laptop.  I know it is here somewhere, but do not know where.   I am mad at myself for losing it.  I went to Patsy's and got the one I gave her that she could not use.  It did not work. The power light would not come on for it.  So, I found the cord to my camera and just connected the camera directly to the laptop. It worked fine that way.  Maybe I can keep up with the cord.

George is trying to skin the cat of installing the microwave / stove hood.  It is slow going.  Stay tuned.

No comments: