Friday, September 09, 2011

It's Friday


And I am on Vacation, so I decided to go for a walk.  I wanted to walk up on the Rock Quarry and see if there were any deer up there.  Wednesday morning about 7 am, George heard 5 gun shots coming from the Marr boy's direction.  We were afraid he might have shot one or more than one of our deer.  I was just hoping the mama and twins and the other mama and her one baby were all still here.  In the last two days I have seen all these, but we have not seen any bucks since the day of the six at the salt block.  At first all I saw was stuff like above.


I went up to David's pond, right on top of the hill above my house.  This spring it was really swampy up there and you could not get within 100 yards of the bank without boots, but all the mud around it has dried up now.  It is a beautiful spot.  At first, I did not see anything except bull frogs.


Then, I heard a scratching sound and saw these two squirrels playing chase on an old dead tree by the water.


And on down by the water.

Round and round they went, enjoying the wonderful fall day.


Then, out of the woods came our Mama and the Twins. 


Mama takes a drink.



And then the babies.


If you click on this one to enlarge it, you can see the squirrel tail in the tree above the fawn on the left.  The squirrels are still chasing each other in the trees and the fawns are watching.




I watched and snapped pictures for a few minutes.  Then, I don't know if they saw me, or if the squirrels spooked them...

But all of a sudden, it was tails in the air and they were gone.

And, I made it back to the house just fine.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I think you are off more than I am.

Love the sq. photos...

Linda@VS said...

I'd love to be able to see wildlife like this so close to my house. Thanks for sharing these lovely pics.

Sister--Helen said...

Fleta, those pictures were great