Saturday, September 24, 2011

More new stuff


I got a new dinning room table today.  It is oak and very pretty.  The pedestal under it is made of metal, not plastic.  I got only the table.  The chairs were ones I already had.  I tried the bench Erin gave me and it was just the right height for the table.  When we get more of the kitchen done so I can move out the clutter, I will put the bench back behind the table, but for now there is too much junk back there.  On one side is a window to put in the back bedroom and the white thing leaning against the window is the back panels for the kitchen bar/island.

George put the window in the living room yesterday.  He is finishing up the wall tonight.  He may put the window in the back bedroom tomorrow.  We have two more to put in the living / dinning area and that one in the back bedroom.  He needs to get them done before cold weather.

I stopped by the neighbors this morning on my way to town to ask if the old folks needed anything from town.  When you get as old as he is, it is hard to get out and drive to town.  I am a good neighbor.  

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Did you find it at the junk store or is it new. It looks really good with the chairs.

Sister--Helen said...

It does look good with the chairs.....remember how mama used to. Order a few things at a time and you would then pay... brother needs to wise up
I guess.