Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What we have been up 2



I ordered a new computer hutch to put George's computer in.  It came yesterday and he got it put together.  It had doors so I can close it up and hide the mess.  I really like it because it looks nice.  George did a good job of putting it together.  We quit last night with it only partly completed.  The next step was putting on the doors.  When I got home from work today he had one door on and  was working on the other one.  I asked  if he had been working on it all day and he said he had.  He likes it because the pull out shelf for the keyboard works right and is sturdy.  The one on the old desk sometimes decided to fall off in the floor.

Our internet came back on around noon yesterday.  It went off again today for awhile but it working again.  I am  glad it came back on.  I was almost through with  my last ebook.  I have another one downloaded now, Chinaberry  Sidewalks by Rodney Crowell.  I am reading The Warmth of Other Suns but I find myself skipping a lot of it.  The Author, that fills many pages with meaningless ramblings about her thoughts on life.  I like the parts that tell the peoples stories, but a little of high ideas on life's true meaning goes a long way.  I am really enjoying being able to find books to read whenever I want, but I think if we are ever going to get the kitchen done I am going to have to limit my weekend reading time.  I just never thought I would like reading books on the computer, but it turns out it is akin to getting news through the computer instead of the TV.  The news you want instead of whatever is on.  A book I like when I want it without leaving my living room.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

It really looks good. Like the doors that close.

Sister--Helen said...

We all like to hide the mess. Even the sister that loves to clean.