Saturday, August 27, 2011

My Ship is coming in

For years and years, I have wanted a new kitchen.  Over a year ago, we took out the old kitchen and have very,  very slowly been working on a new kitchen.  Today we went to Lowes and bought new cabinets.  They will be here Tuesday.  They are beautiful.

This is their store display of the same cabinets I got.  I will have a different back splash, I don't know what yet and there is a window over my sink, but this is the Hickory Classic that we got.  

They will be about the same layout as we had, with this 18" wide pantry cabinet beside my fridge, then one little cabinet between the cooking range and fridge and cabinets on around to where the bar was.  We are just putting the bar back somewhat like it was so we will have about the same size kitchen, but all new.  

We bought a stainless steel microwave / stove hood for above he stove.  Later, we will get a new stainless gas cook range and fridge, but that will be after we get all this done.  

I don't know what counter top I am going to get.  They said to install the cabinets first then order the counter top when you have exact measurements.  If I get it at lowes, it will be some form of brown because they did not have a lot of choice, colorwise.  We may get the counters elsewhere.  

I am just so please to actually have new cabinets on the way.

Here is a link to the actual cabinets we bought on he Lowes site.


And, thanks, Helen, for the sparkly clothes for Hannah and the things for Robert.  Hannah will be thrilled.  Robert will want a truck.


5 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Oh, they really look good. I think you will love them.

Sister--Helen said...

Melissa rounded up some shake-um-up cars...shake them and set them on your new floor and they will go across the room and bang the new cabinets...crash boom,

Sister--Helen said...

I love the cabbinets

patsy said...

i am glad for you.

Galla Creek said...

A few shake em up scratches will be a good memeory.