Friday, April 01, 2011

Our Deer and autoplay


Over across the hill grazing by Callens Branch  past the along Old Stone place.  They were in the field across from that house Patsy lived in back in the sixties.  There was about 10 in the group.  We know it is our deer because one of them has an injured front leg and she was in the group.  They just stood and watched us for several minutes then took off.

I have been having trouble with my autoplay on my laptop.  You know, you plug in a flash drive, a camera or in my case my card reader and a window pops up asking what you want to do.  That is autoplay.  It quit on me a month or two ago and I searched the net for a fix.  I finally found the solution and got it working again.  Well, last week it went AWOL again.  I could not remember what the fix was.  I finally spent about an hour searching tonight and found the fix.  I saved it in a word file, but here it is in case I need it again.

FIX AUTOPLAY
Let's check if the service "Shell Hardware Detection" is running properly. 
1. Type "services.msc" in the start search box, click on OK.
2. When the Services window loads, navigate to the "Shell Hardware Detection" service, the double click on it to open it.
3. Make sure the "Startup Type" says "Automatic". If it doesn't, use the drop down menu to change it.

Now, if I need this again I can search my blog for autoplay.


We have finally gotten some nice weather this evening.  Tomorrow is supposed to be really nice, so I am planing on autoplaying clearing on the cemetery.

We went to Lowes today and order a new front door with a glass 'window'.  I have been wanting a new door but being a mobile home the door is not standard size.  I have seen custom mobile home doors on the net but they are very expensive and then you have to pay shipping.  This is a plain steel door with a glass insert and it was only $300.  That is not bad for a custom door.

Off to get rested now so we can work tomorrow.


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I have been enjoying the birds. Took several photos but you know I am not that good.

I would have no idea about fixing that on my comptuer.

Anonymous said...

Ancestry is up and going for another year. I upgraded Larry's DNA sample to 67 and Mr. Garretson did the same to see how we match out. I am hoping for identical markers.