Monday, March 28, 2011

Poor stuff



Mary Poor was Dillard's Grandmother.  L. V. Poor was Lewis Poor, Dillard's father, note added for Lazy Betty on the Mountain.

I went to the Court House today looking for land records of dead people.  I found this Poor record, Mary Poor to L. V. Poor in 1910.  It is for the NW 1/4 of the NE 1/4 of Section 15, Twp 21 N, Range 22 West.  This is over at the edge of Carroll Co. up by the Missouri Line.  You can see Section 15 here
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~arcchs/maps/21N22W.html

And here,  Mary Poor is selling land to a Blevins for $150.

I was looking for Raines records, which I found, but just happened upon these Poor things.

The picture yesterday was of a mountain switchback road taken on time exposure at night.  I found it a National Geographic.  Sometimes I like to just go to Nat Geo and look at their photos. They have the most beautiful photos and I really love good photography.  If you go here
http://blog.angolaimagebank.com/
You can see many pictures of Angola.  I enjoyed seeing photos of their primitive ways.    More Poor things, so to speak.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Ok---tell us who Mary Poor was!

Anonymous said...

Well, Lazy Betty is glad to know...