Monday, March 14, 2011

Millions of people in need...

So, what about me?

That is what i think of when the talking heads on TV start asking questions about how does what is happening in Japan effect the USA.  This is the ultimate me, me, me country, where so many think I am the most important center of the universe.

How can anyone be so self centered as to ask how will this huge disaster on the other side of the world effect my day to day life?  If someone says millions are starving in Africa, these people must immediately think, 'will I have plenty to fill my greedy stomach tonight.'

And, I guess all the doomsday nuclear naysayers were just making all that scary stuff up to scare everyone into accepting nuclear waste machines.

And, we did not return to the cemetery yesterday.  Wednesday is supposed to be a pretty day, so I am planning on either going down after work, or playing hooky.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Larry remember squirrel hunting near the graveyard. He said ...glad you are cleaning it up.

Anonymous said...

You know...we may not have any new nuclear plants for a while.