Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Beautiful day in the neighborhood



It is 70 degrees at 4:30 and we are almost halfway through November. The weather has just been wonderful for the last few weeks.

I was so please to hear from Cheryl Ann today. Sometimes, the best you can do is just move on. Going back is never an option.

We got through the audits at work and things are gentler at work this week. We should not have any more audits at all until at least August of next year. That is good because I am really tired of audits and a lot of other things at work. On December 5 I will have been working for this company 22 years, this time. I still have vacation days and sick days to take before then. I am taking the week of Thanksgiving off for vacation and I think I am going to call in sick Friday. I can carry my sick days over, but Patsy says you should never count on these things. They change the rules at will. Until last year, I could arrange a 'sick' day, but they tightened up on the rules and now they say you have to actually be sick, so when I get sick of working I call in a sick day. If I don't do that, the money goes to uncle don.

Time to go fix supper now. We are having soup. I hope I can find the can opener.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Imagine me...same job 38 years!! OMG!! That is just too long.

We had breakfast and those hash browns you set me on to.

Yes, we are are happy to hear from Cheryl Ann.

Anonymous said...

God Bless Cheryl Ann...I do love her...You know I do have my favorites of each of all of your kids and I know I do not hide it very well....I love them all but some are just so special to me... I asked daddy once why he was so partial to Missy over kris...He said'well when you have a grand child that is as crazy over you as Missy is tp me how can you not be just as crazy about them.'...I think if asked, all of the nieces and nephews I am so crazy over are more crazy over me than the other Aunts and uncles.Don't mis understand I love them all just like I love my Grand Kids. I am just closer with some. Often the ones that needed my help more when they were so small...h