Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Today I


bought Hannah this little dress for 75 cents and the rest of this for me for only a little more.


Got the watermelon at W mart, but it was an ordeal getting it paid for.




Got these plastic things for the grandkids and grandpa to drink out of and eat from. They look good with Helen's plates. The stain steel dipper cup was a dollar at the junk store.

And I pulled a Helen. When I went to W Mart to get groceries this afternoon, I got in the wrong, wrong line. The cashier was severely challenged. The lady in front of me had a bunch of comps and the cashier could not get them in the register correctly. She was trying to ring up some peas that were 3 for $1. She counted the cans she had already put into the bags a half dozen times, she counted the things she had rung up a dozen times and even with help she had a terrible time getting the veggies in rung up. Then, she refused to sell the lady 2 packages of meat because she said they were family pack and they did not sell family pack. I have comped hundreds of packages of family pack meat adds. Then, the lady had 5 five pound bags of potatoes that she said were 5 for $5. She would not allow that either and had to call a supervisor to refuse the purchase. By this time, I had been in line I think about 20 minutes or so. I told the lady trying to buy the potatoes, 'next time, just get one bag of potatoes and say they are $1 each and go to a line with a teenage boy as the cashier.' The checker started explaining the rules again, and I interrupted her to say, 'I know those are the rules, but I am telling her how to get around the rules the next time.' While I was waiting, I flagged 2 or 3 people out of the line telling them they did not want this line.

When she got to my purchases, I said I did not have comps. She was still challenged. I had 6 of the plastic drinking glasses above. She could not count to six and had to run the tape and count. She asked me how many showed on the screen in front of me. I said two. She rang up another and said now how many. I said two. The screen only showed the last two items, which I knew when she asked, but she was challenged and I was tried of listening to her by now because she had started explaining about it being the end or her day and the end of her week in a jerky confused manner. She had already told the other lady that she had worked there a year. By now I am thinking 'Lady, just shut up and do your job.' But, I knew I was going to have to count my 6 $1 purchases after she finished. She knew this also and pulled out the register tape to count one last time. She even said something herself about me not having comps and she was still challenged.

When I finally got through and away from her, I went to the service desk, showed them my ticket so they would know from whence I came and said I have never done this before, but I want to complain about the incompetence of this cashier. I said she took 30 minutes to check out the lady in front of me and she could not count to six on my purchases. They wanted to know if I wanted a manager. I just said no, but you need to send her home and let her come back another day and start over. I would not have minded so much if she had not kept talking while she was trying to ring up my things. She needed to shut up, quite irritating me and concentrate on her job. I don't know if they really did anything or not, but I will remember her and next time be sure to go to a line with a teenage boy checker.

Well, maybe this was more of a half Helen. She would probably have talked to the manager.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Teenage boy checkers are the best. You got a dilly doozy. I am going to the store this morn. Kroger...all the checkers in the morning are old women and know the ropes.

I went to walmart last night to get something else for aphids. I had bought a few groceries too. Maxwell house coffee was on sale and I had a coupon. I had about 5 sacks of stuff. Well when I got to the truck there was a roma tomatoe under my purse--what should I do--go back in and walk all the way back to the mile long store and pay for the single tomato. Wait and get arrested. I drove away very quickly.

Sister--Helen said...

I figured the reason you had trouble getting the watermellon was because it is hard for skinny people to steal a watermellon...

Sister--Helen said...

The baby dress is cute...and the watermellon looks good...