Friday, June 25, 2010

June 25, this day in history


If you search on the net for the significance of June 25th one year ago today, you will not find the most wonderful thing that occurred on that date.

One year ago today, Robert's mother and I took him for an evaluation that started his path to learning. Last Saturday, I took all my grandchildren swimming at the community center pool in Berryville. I was delighted to hear Robert tell his sister, 'shut up!'. After waiting so long to hear him express himself, it is difficult to voice disapproval when I hear new words. But, I did tell him that was not nice.

While we were at the pool, a boy just a bit larger than Robert threw a ball and hit him in the eye. Robert was ready to do battle, but he stopped when I called his name.

Telling sister to shut up, learning to respond when your name is called. I count my blessings.


















































2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

God Bless those Speech Pathologist.

Sister--Helen said...

He looks like a normal happy rotten boy...just the way we like them...

Someone always has it worse than us... we need to all count our clessings....I am so thankful