Monday, April 19, 2010

Pictures for Patsy



Patsy, I tried to call you and the line was busy. Then, I called back and no answer. Did you run away?

If you are looking for things to use for planters, I have about a dozen of these cattle cube barrells that Dan Norton gave George. Dan said you can plant tomatoes in them and George thought that was a good idea. I planted my tomatoes in the big garden George plowed up. I told George I would plant some flowers in a few if he would put dirt in them. They are still empty. Do you want some for your planters? I will bring them by tomorrow after work if you want them. All or however many you want. Give me a call.




Then, I need to know what kind of birds these are and why they were watching over my house yesterday. They were sitting in the dead tree right behind my house. What do you think they were waiting for.
I am going in the strawberry business if any one wants to put in orders for next year. I wanted Cardinal strawberries like Daddy grew but could not find them. I found them at Simmons Plant farm at Mountianburg on the net. They are sending 100 plants UPS. Should be here by Friday at the latest. That is really more than I wanted, but I will probably kill some of them. Anyway, I might share with someone if they wanted some plants, but next year, if you want strawberries, I am selling, not giving. I know birds like berries. Do you think these birds will eat my strawberries?

2 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

You know they hung around Clayton for a long time...maybe they decided you were a better bet...

Galla Creek said...

he Vulture eats between his meals,
And that's the reason why
He very, very, rarely feels
As well as you and I.

His eye is dull, his head is bald,
His neck is growing thinner.
Oh! what a lesson for us all
To only eat at dinner!

Hilaire Belloc