Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Projects



I am working on my coffee table. This is a table Sammy gave to Mama. He made it in shop at school It is a nice, solid, simple table, but the top was scratched so I painted it. That was stupid. I should have refinished it.




So, today, I put paint remover on it and took off the paint.





This is what it looks like now. I have to let it dry overnight then I will sand and stain it and put some kind of sealer on it. Maybe just clear varnish.





This shelf (the bottom one) was George's last project of the to do list I gave him last month. I was going to leave it plain, but I think I may stain and varnish it also. If not, I guess I need to paint it. It needs some kind of sealer so it will not stain.

AND the biggest project of all is scheduled for a week from Thursday or Friday. We are getting a new roof. I am excited.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

the table is pretty

Galla Creek said...

I love shelves. Can stick lots of stuff on them. Can't wait to see the roof...that will be the best project.