Saturday, February 06, 2010

Lost!

Erin had the answer. Mislay. George said I should have known that. I am really good at it. I guess I mislayed the answer.

Sister Winnie Jo is on meds and thinks that Grandma and Aunt Una were sisters-in-law. It is amazing what you come up with when you are all drugged up. And, isn't it great to be a real sister. Only a real sister would make fun of you when you are in pain, recovering from major surgery.

Yes, Aunt Una and Grandma married brothers. That makes them sisters-in-law. But Aunt Una, before she married Jesse was Una Coxsey. Grandma's mother was Sarah Coxsey before she married Bee Maples and became Grandma's mother. And, John Powell, Grandpa's brother, married Aunt Una's sister Beulah Coxsey. I really am not sure of the exact relationship, but all the Coxsey's at Carrollton were related. So, they were cousins of some sort.

Helen said she did not need to know what kind of dress she needed to make, she needed to know how to make it. I am confused. If that is what she needed, why did she ask me? I have never once even made a Halloween costume for a child. It all seems to be a lot of trouble for very little reward. I would probably send Kenzie to school in my old wedding gown or maybe in a silky night gown. If you bought a big red dress for a big fat woman, tied a string around the waist and pulled it up under the arms, it would would make a big fluffy dress. Wouldn't it? Or, put a long, white ruffled flannel nightgown and a white night bonnet on her and say this is how I dress for bed? Or, maybe a bedspread draped around her shoulders and tied at the waist with a matching sheet in a big bow in the back?

Anyone need help with anything else?

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I tried to figure out the word. Erin even told me it started with an M well...I still could not get it so I looked at her answer. I got the answer because Erin figured it out and she is my child. We are kin so the answer counts for me too.

Sister--Helen said...

Oh my it sounds like Winnie is kin to sister 4 ....I knew they were sis in laws!....I also knew they were kin before marridge and knew it was cousins but was not sure if it was 2nd cousins or what....also did not care...But now Fleta there is a story behind the guy who got the Hugh Morris Place and you need to talk to pat and figure that one out....I am interested in that...1 person getting it all....instead of being divided up between the Fultz's....I think you should research this one...