Monday, June 15, 2009

Finding George

Since George had his accident last year, I tried to keep track of where he is on the tractor. Today after I got home, he left on the tractor to do some brush hog work. I did not ask exactly where he was going as I can hear the tractor from the yard no matter where he is on our place.

After he was gone about an hour, I went outside and noticed I could not hear the tractor. I looked around and did not see him or the tractor. He had the neighbor's brush hog hooked up, so I thought maybe he was down at Franks. I walked up to Clayton's just to talk. I guess Clayton was asleep because the TV was blaring but he did not answer the door.

As I walked back I thought I heard the tractor and brush hog down the hill towards Frank's place so when I came to our driveway, I went on down the road to see. I did not hear or see anything so I walked over towards the pond by our side of the road. Still no tractor, no George. Finally I decided to just go back to the house and forget it. As I walked toward the house I noticed a tractor parked by the shop, but it did not have a brush hog on it. I looked it over, but could not really tell if it was George's tractor or one Kenneth had over here doing the hay. I walked in the house and saw no sign of George. Now I was really confused. Where was George, and was that his tractor in the yard?

I went into the bedroom. Then I heard voices coming from the other end of the house. Now, what was this. George was sitting on the couch watching TV.

While I was walking down the road looking for him, he was parking the tractor in the yard. He had taken the neighbor's brush hog home and returned while I was up at Clayton's. I don't know when he came in the house, but when I came in he had to be in here on the computer. He never reads the blogs, so he will never even know he was lost.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Poor Fleta she can't keep up with
George...she can't even keep up
with herself.

This sounds like something I would do.

Sister--Helen said...

Well since you are walking to Claytons you must be getting better on that knee....

patsy said...

seek and find, hide and seek.