Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Today in history



This day, this year, here are my tomato plants and watermelons I planted under the light. I also have cantaloupe, bell peppers and new zealand spinach, but those are not coming up yet. Patsy says I should just plant the watermelon seeds right in the garden when it gets warm. I think I may do that, and set out some of these also. George is supposed to take care of them after they go in the garden. We will see.

And, today George got his first social security check. It went in the bank by direct deposit, so I can spend it.

We did not get rain last night but we are supposed to get snow Thursday. I would rather have rain, but I guess I have lost all control of the weather. The spring lettuce, radishes and potatoes are very thirsty.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

It is raining here now...and I think it rained all night...slow like the onions like...but too cold for warm plants. The night plants like cabbage and radishes will actually thrive in the coolness.

Galla Creek said...

Fleta is rich
George is old
He works outside
She counts the gold.

Sister--Helen said...

yeah for George...Does it feel like found money?