Tuesday, March 10, 2009



This is the yellow bush that I stole from Ridgedale, MO last year.

We spread turkey manure on the garden and plowed and tilled it in with George's new tiller. Patsy says we put too much on and whatever we plant will burn up. George says no. I am afraid come July I am not going to want to garden anyway, so I am not worried either way. Anyway, if it does come up, the deer will probably eat it all. I have potatoes planted but not up yet. The garden really needs rain and it is trying to rain now, but I don't think we will get much. It is supposed to get down below 30 tonight. I guess we will take it hard after being in the 70's for 3 or 4 days.

George got his $25 raise from President Obama today. Tomorrow he is supposed to get his first SS check. I was a little afraid he had not done everything he was supposed to when he went last fall to apply, but I looked at the papers today and they have our bank account info on them for direct deposit so I guess he got it taken care of.

I saw today that the fire last night was JR Snow's pasture. The one back behind the old Molder house. JR likes to burn off his fields every spring but with the wind and dry conditions, he has not got them burned this year except for this one spectular one last night.

I am hoping for a good rain to bring up my radishes and letuce.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Was it on Grandma Gaddy's land?

I guess if the manure burns up the weeds too...that will be good. Larry tilled up the garden today.

Galla Creek said...

I am brain dead...Ridgedale..not Ridgeway.

patsy said...

so who has made more gardens, geo. or pat?