Saturday, September 06, 2008

For Helen



This is my side of the bed after I cleaned today. The iron and can of starch are here because sometimes I iron what I am going to wear to work early in the am. The lamp next to the bed is the one Mama gave me. The extra lamp is a little touch lamp (you just touch the lamp anywhere to turn it on) that used to be Gregs. I did not think I would like it but I do. I did have it on the kitchen table. I do not know why I moved it in here. Maybe over the 4th when we had the bbq here. Anyway, I have not moved it back. The fish tank under there is from Greg also. I had it in the closet in the back room, but I got it out becasue I am going to fill it with dirt and plant cuttings from my pretty plants to hold over for next spring. I had it sitting on a little table in the back bedroom, but since I had guests coming, I wanted to find a place to hide it. This is much, much cleaner than it was yesterday. I can see the mirror is dirty, but it is just going to stay dirty. That chair is the $10 chair that I bought the summer Jr. got married. I just love it, but really have no place to put it, so it is here. That is a quilt Mama made for me when I was in Alaska on the old trunk. The trunk is full of more junk. But, today, when I was putting up the clothes in my room and needing a place to put them, I put almost a whole drawer full of pants in the burn barrell. They had been in the drawer all summer and I had not worn any of them so I tossed them and put the clothes that I had worn and washed this week in their place. I am not neat or clean, but I am the most stylish of all the sisters. We each have to have our strong points.

4 comments:

Sister--Fleta said...

And, behind the little lamp now, is the picture of Aunt Fleta and Uncle Harold that Winnie gave me when she was here. I need to move the lamp somewhere so it is not in front of the picture. Maybe I will put it on the table on George's side of the bed and make him mad.

Galla Creek said...

I thought about taking a picture of Larry's side of the bed too!

Astrid had dusted mine. Or more dust would have been there.

Sister--Helen said...

Looking at the quilt, Mama had a dress and Debby had a top made out of the bed striped material...I think they each had one out of the yellow print also...I remember Mama had a dress... In those later years Mom usually had enough material to make them both items....I was looking at the black and thought 'that was not some material Mama used' but just now I remember Debby had several black or navy pants/ shorts......fleta you have cleaned so much I wish you would come clean my pantry....

Sister--Helen said...

Oh yes, dirty mirror...the last time I took a pic of me in the bathroom mirror the mirrow was very dirty...after I downloaded I did not want to hear Erin comment so I washed the Mirror and took another one...this time it looked worse, it was smeared...so I just said to h...with it and posted it anyway....
and the stylish thing I just don't have a comment on that at this time. But I expect during the winter you have somewhat of the layered look like Debby and Hettie used to wear....