Friday, August 01, 2008

What I saw today at 7 am





I am off work for 4 days. I usually get up at 4:30 five days a week and go to work. It has gotten to where I get really tired of getting up at 4:30 by the time Friday rolls around. I get off at one, so during the winter it is easier. It gets dark earlier and I can go to sleep earlier. I would like to go to work later, and I have the option of changing my hours from what they are to anything that is 8 hours that ends by 5 pm. As much as I would like to go in later, I just can not get myself to give up leaving at 2 pm.

So, it was a great feeling to sleep late this morning an then go out and sit on the new deck with my coffee and just enjoy. But, unlike some people who are always wanting something other than what they have, I also realize that part of the reason this morning was so good for me is that most mornings I do not get to do this. If I could sleep as late as I want every day and sit on the deck and drink coffee as long as I want every day, I could not appreciate it as much.

I have said many times that Tyson Foods has one of the greatest benefits I have ever experienced in my working life. Days Off. They have better days off than any other company I ever worked for. If I did not work, I would never have a day off. This is especially true of women with husbands and families.

I guess Patsy's homeless people do not have to get up at 4:30 and go to Tyson Foods. They certainly have no days off. I am blessed.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Days off are so wonderful..

Good books make those days even better.

If that sq. was here, the dogs could chase him.