Saturday, March 22, 2008

A question for our family computer expert

Patsy, I used the blogger spell checker on that last post. See how the word Joylin's is highlighted as a misspelling? How do I get that highlighting off Joylin. I had never used the spell checker before. Usually my problem is not that I can not spell the word. Usually, my main problem is that the word I am spelling is not the right word to be using because I am not sure of the meaning of the word. Spell checker does not help with that, but Word does. I just open up Word, type in my questionable word, right click on it and look for synonyms. Usually I get a few simple words whose meaning is clear.

See, I had two misspelled words in the above text. I changed them both. Can you guess which words I misspelled? Anyway, it says Joylin is misspelled. How do I tell it to forget it?

I have often said that the one button that is missing from all computers and computer programs is a 'forget it' button. You know, like Debbie always said when we could not understand her and she got tired of talking to us. OK, FORGET IT. Take the yellow off Joylin and let me post this...

7 comments:

Sister--Fleta said...

Well, somehow it did forget it on this post and removed the yellow. But not on the one before, and I still have no idea how to get the yellow to go away.

Favorite Daughter said...

hit spell checker button again and it will clear on your computer...I used it for the 1st time yesterday

Favorite Daughter said...

well I am under Missy again I see...helen

patsy said...

click "Resume editing" at the top of the page. at least that is the way it works on mine but my mistakes are in red and the page is blue while I am checking for miss spelled words then at the top of the page is the words "Resume editing" when I click that it clears the blue colors from the page and the red high lighted words go away.

Galla Creek said...

I have never used it and if you read my blog you know it. I doubt I use it now. I am just too lazy.

Unknown said...

I just used the spell checker for the first time and if you hit spell check complete, it will clear the yellow - I just cleared it in mine - hope this helps

Annie said...

Like Sister Three I have never used that function but now I know what to watch out for.