Friday, March 07, 2008

The gd book is RED, not BLUE



This book once belonged to our father. Once upon a stressful time, I was looking for the passage in the Bible about David being a man after God's own heart and could not find it. My sister gave me Daddy's book with the above inscription. Today was not the first time I have looked for this book and could not find it because in my mind the book is a big blue book, but on my book shelf it is a normal sized red book. A finding aid is not of much aid when you cannot find the finding aid.

Today, Sister Helen was searching for a passage in the Bible and I told her I could find it in the book Patsy gave me. I found the quote on the web long before I found the book right under my nose on my book shelf.

I am not sending the book to Helen. I am much more selfish than sister Patsy. Or at least more materialistic.

1 Samuel 13:14 But now thy kingdom shall not continue: the LORD hath sought him a man after his own heart, and the LORD hath commanded him [to be] captain over his people, because thou hast not kept [that] which the LORD commanded thee.

2 Samuel 18:33 And the king was much moved, and went up to the chamber over the gate, and wept: and as he went, thus he said, O my son Absalom, my son, my son Absalom! would God I had died for thee, O Absalom, my son, my son!

Absalom, Oh Absalom

I have walked the halls of darkness
In the deepest valleys of despair
Where a single ray of sunshine
Can bring joy beyond compare.

For it is only in its absence,
We can appreciate peace of mind.
The simplest little pleasures
are turned to ecstasy by the climb.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Oh, peace of mind...the best gift of God.

Galla Creek said...

Larry says you had better watch out...you might be the one under the stone by the tree!

Sister--Helen said...

Fleet....I am not sure you should use GD when talking about a Bible Book...