Monday, January 28, 2008

Glorious day


It is a glorious day. Greg went to work at Pace today, 3 to 11 on 2nd shift. He was already gone when I got home. George is working 10 hour days and is very tired, so he has been asleep since right after I got home. I am to wake him up at 7. Glorioius day all by myself as it were. Patsy and Betty will understand.
Oh yes, the hat. I retraced my steps up the hill today and found my hat almost where I thought it would be. I thought I had lost it the first time I crossed the fence. I found it about 20 feet from the fence, but it could have blown that far the way the wind was blowing today.
I took some video of the wind and stuff on top of the hill and was going to post them for Helen, but somehow it does not work, posting videos that is. Oh, well.
Anyway, I went back to the pond and in addition to the crane on the pond, today there were two of Patsy's ducks. They took off while I was there, probably to go to Clayton's pond. And, while I was trying to get a video of the ducks but only got water and sky, no ducks or crane, I lost my hat again. I just happened to see it on the ground about 20 feet away as I started to climb the fence to come home. I guess I better leave the hat at home.
Now, I get to go do anything I want, casue there is no one here but me and the sleeping boss.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Sweet, sweet solitude...my best friend.

patsy said...

i under stand. i had to go to the help your self laundry when all the kids were young to be alone.

Galla Creek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sister--Helen said...

Fleta...I still do not know how you lost your hat twice if it was on your head......did you have it in your pocket?
It looks like if it was on your head you would notice when it came off....