Saturday, April 02, 2022

Good news, bad news come again

Here's hoping tomorrow is good news.

So, no early morning walk today cause it was raining. It seems to have stopped now, but it is still gloomy out side, and really gloomy inside.  Because, my big laptop refused to start this am.  It has been experiencing glitches off and on, but this am it was off and would not come on. At least the display would not show.  I suspect when this happens, it is in sleep mode and will not wake up, much like a person ignoring the morning alarm clock.

Now, after about 2 hours of trying to get it going, I have success.  I just hope it is not all temporary. It seems to be running smoother. And it did a Windows update.  I am really hoping it is really fixed and the problem does not return, after a night's computer sleep.

Now, for the image.  That is a screen shot from my phone this am of the National Archives 1950 census search for phones. I tried it on my phone this am, and it worked just like the computer version. Sleek and efficient.   So much so that I found cousin Winnie Jo in just a few minutes of searching.  I will not post the particulars here in case she would not want that, but her father and mother appear at the bottom of one image and she is at the top of the next.  Her father's employment is listed as ass. aircraft foreman at an aircraft M.F.G. and he worked 44 hours that week. Winnie is listed as Never Married.  If you want to know how to find yourself, Winnie, text my phone and I will text you a road map.  Everyone is looking to find themselves nowadays, but maybe our cousin, being related to us, just wants to stay lost.




 

2 comments:

Winnie said...

I never ever want to be lost by you all…I really love your family!❤️

Sister--Fleta said...

Our family.