Friday, April 01, 2022

April Fools

 So, I have anticipated seeing myself listed on the 1950 census that was released today by the National Archives.  However, today is April 1, April Fools day.  My name does not appear on that census, Not my mother, not my father, not my brothers, not my sister. My grandparents are listed. Many aunts and uncles are listed.  My husband and all his family with his Rhode cousins living right next door are listed, but not me. I think I will print off a blank 1950 census form and make my own list.  

Irene Bowman (later Irene Trigg), Herald Trigg's wife, was the enumerator. If she had not died years ago, I would call her up and bless her out.

Here is George and his cousins just south of Bakersfield in Kern County.




 



1 comment:

Donna. W said...

Nothing came up for me or my parents either. Maybe I wasn't doing something right. I know we lived in Iowa, but my parents moved three times that I remember, in the same community. I would have been in first grade though, and I'm pretty sure we didn't move that year.