Sunday, September 30, 2018

Catching up


I need to get back into posting. This is my go to memory bank. The pic above is the old stone well house early yesterday morning in the fog.  I walked to the blue gate, starting before daylight.  Then, we went to Branson and got the oil changed on the truck.  I took the kids to eat a IHOP because Robert loves pancakes.

Today, we all just lazed around all day, doing nothing constructive.

A couple of weeks ago, I took the kids to Silver Dollar City for Robert's birthday.  They had a good time and I survived.  Actually, I bought a couple of Christmas presents and a painting of a goat.

The first of the month, we sold a bunch of goats.  Almost half the herd.  We sold all the little billies, 1 little nanny, 2 yearling nannies and 2 older nannies.  All together they brought almost $1500.  About half of that is pure profit over our expenses for the year, so that was not too bad.  This is the first time I  have sold so many at one time.  Usually, we would sell 2 or 3 times a year, but just once this year.

Now we have 16 nannies and Earnhardt.  But, I am giving one of the little red nannies to Linda T. so we will just have 16 total after that.

It is still pretty warm.  I turned the air on tonight.  I made the house hot baking Robert a pumpkin pie.  Tomorrow it will be October.  Time for fall weather.

No comments: