Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Tomorrow is Camel Day

Not bactrain, but domedary, or one hump camel.   Kapish, Helen?

I did not walk tonight as I went grocery shopping after I got off work, but I  walked my 4 miles last night, logging 96 miles this year, so far.  I will make it over 100, easy.

I have been exploring Dry Creek on google earth.  I can thank Betty for getting me into Google Earth.  I have used it for somethings before, but never thought of just going exploring with it until I read the book she recommended about the young man from India that searched all over India for his home  town with Google Earth.  It was such and interesting story and a new idea for me.  Yesterday, I explored Dry Creek while I was supposed to be working.  Did you know that the head of Dry Creek is between the building where I work and highway 62? Me neither. It starts right there in town.  And, the creek over by Kenny Somthers is really Dry Creek just like I thought.  Past where  I walked from here Saturday, it twists and turns back northwest to the old Charlie Shaw place and that is where Callen's Branch joins Dry Creek.  The little creek that runs by the Mathis place, and I do not know who used to live there, but anyway, that is Callen's Branch.  I thought I might walk that part Saturday, but it is not going to be very good weather Saturday.  I will wait a while.

Today I looked for Rex and Jack Robertson on the 1940 census.  Their parents were Fred and Essie Robertson.  Fred, Essie, and son Jack are living next to Rex and Elveta in Coin twp in 1940.  I bet Jack Robertson got his father's place, right here across the Rock Quarry,  when Fred died in 1942.

Helen, just see what you can learn from your sister.  All about camels, creeks and dead people.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I looked at Rex too. We are sisters,

We worked in the garden today. Getting it ready to plow.