Thursday, May 08, 2014

Comfortable


I asked Robert what he meant when he told Aunt Helen it was comfortable here.  He said 'I just like my planet.' I tired to put words in his mouth by asking if he meant the weather was nice and comfortable.  'No, I just like my world.'


Hannah said, 'Why do you not take my picture?'

Patsy is blind so she will never know what comfortable means to Robert.  

Robert knows lots of big words.  I asked him for a big word.  He said, 'Truck.'  Hannah's big word, 'Character.'


And, BTW, the woman Betty met  at the restaurant that lived in Grandma's apartments was Carolyn Marshall.  Anyway, at that time her name was Marshall.  Now it is Smith.  Mr. Marshall was a little short man, about 5 feet tall.  The other woman that lived there and helped care for Grandma was Wanda Heads.  I can remember these names better than sisters because I worked with these two women for several years.  Clayton was their boss.  I remember when Wanda lived there, she was had been married for several years and had two little kids.  I thought she was 10 or more years older than me.  We are exactly the same age.

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

There is no feeling better than "comfortable". And I learned a long time ago, males of our species don't communicate very well, so you can't expect the answer from them that you really would like.

patsy said...

Wanda told Clayton how young she and James were when they married. Clayton ask her how did they manage getting married without their parents stopping them.
Wanda said no one carried about them so they just got married. I took that to mean they didn't have much family.

patsy said...

when you read Robert telling us how much he likes his life he is also telling us how bad his life was before he came to live with grandma and grandpa. it made my heart ack when i read it.